Missing motorcyclist found alive in ditch nearly 3 days after disappearing in Tennessee

Missing motorcyclist found alive in ditch nearly 3 days after disappearing in Tennessee

Natalie Neysa Alund

Thanks to a group of concerned friends and family, a man who disappeared riding his motorcycle in East Tennessee over the weekend was found alive after crashing the bike − nearly three days after being reported missing.

The Knox County Sheriff’s Office reported Taylor Boyle was last seen by family members about 10 a.m. on Sunday. Family reported him missing Tuesday and, shortly after, investigators released a photo of Boyle on his bike, asking the public for help in locating him.

In a Tuesday update on Facebook, the sheriff’s office said Boyle had been found. Authorities did not specify where Boyle crashed or his condition.


California crash leaves four dead: Pepperdine University students killed in crash on California highway, driver arrested

The hunt for a friend

Cameron Williams, a friend of Boyle, told WBIR-TV Boyle left Fountain City, a neighborhood in northern Knoxville, and was headed north to Heiskell, an unincorporated community in Knox and Anderson counties, when he disappeared.

“He told our buddy he was grabbing McDonald’s for breakfast and headed his way,” Williams told the outlet.

Camp Lejeune killing: Marine killed in homicide at Camp Lejeune, fellow Marine taken into custody

When he didn’t show up, the outlet reported, Williams said a group of Boyle’s family and friends went looking for him, later finding him near his bike in a wooded area.

Read More:   An alleged gang rape shocks Italy, and provides fodder for an ascendant far right

“We kind of had a good idea of where he came from and where he was going to,” Williams told the outlet.

The group, he said, called 911 and emergency responders arrived to treat him for unspecified injuries.

“He seemed to be pretty coherent and awake and not in pain,” Williams told the outlet. “I think we really lucked up this time.”

USA TODAY reached out to the sheriff’s office for more information on Thursday.

Natalie Neysa Alund is a senior reporter for USA TODAY. Reach her at [email protected] and follow her on X @nataliealund.

html a.nsb-link,html .primary-content a.nsb-link{box-shadow:0 0;cursor:pointer;height:var(–spacer-twentyfour,24px);margin-right:var(–spacer-twentyfour,24px);text-shadow:none;width:var(–spacer-twentyfour,24px)}a.nsb-link span{max-width:0;overflow:hidden;position:absolute;visibility:hidden}.nsb-svg{height:var(–spacer-twentyfour,24px);width:var(–spacer-twentyfour,24px)}.nsb-twitter-button{fill:var(–social-twitter,#4099ff)}.nsb-email-button{fill:var(–color-dove-gray,#787878)}.nsb-facebook-button{fill:var(–social-facebook,#3b5998)}.nsb-sms-button{fill:var(–color-ui-green,#008c33)}.nsb-svg.gallery{fill:var(–color-ui-white,#fff)}FacebookTwitterEmail